Words From a Frozen Mind

Friday, August 12, 2005

Musical wasteland

I put things off to the last minute, I tell myself that I will go do it the next day, but the next day comes, and it get put of for another day. So when I get around to it, I want it done now. Right at the minute, for the passed weeks I’ve wanted to add some new CD’s to my collection. I have fallen in love with Raise Again song "swing life away". So I sat out to find this great song. This song is so great in my eyes that I would bye the CD even if that was the only good song on it. Now, I have never thought of Fairbanks as on the cutting edge of music, but we have a Sam Goodies. They must have it, when I arrived a very young boy (he had to be 17 no old) ask "Ma'am, can i help you". Being called ma'am is hard to hear, but anyway. I said, “Yes please, I looking for the band Raise Again”. He pointed me to Rag against the Machine. “No” I said “Raise Again, with the swing song.” “I’ve never heard of them” he said, “I’ll go look it you.” when he came back he couldn’t find anything about that band or song. So I ask about another band, he had not heard of that band either. Is my taste in music so fare off the main stream? I do listen to a lot of collage radio and if anyone looked at my CD collection they may think that I have A.D.D. My tastes run the gamut from mainstream, to techno, punk, bluegrass, foke, rock, 80’s, 90’s 60’s, 70’s and I will always be a Duranie. I did live in Seattle were I saw the birth and death of grunge. What a time. If it weird I like it, you get the picture. I looked all over this town nothing. No one had it. I ended up buying Beck’s Guero at Hoits the quote underground music store in town. they didn’t have it and they didn’t even have the sex pistols. What kind of under ground music store don’t have the sex pistls? I know I should get a mp3 player or I-pod, but I just got all of my music that I had on tapes to CD’s now (I put things off). Now I have to order from Amazon.com and that seems to take forever, when you want it now. I shouldn't put things off.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home