Words From a Frozen Mind

Thursday, August 25, 2005

Housing

I have been looking for a place to live for about 4 months now. I’m a student and work at a job that does not pay me what I’m worth. So anything over 500 is out of my price range. I have lived in Fairbanks for about 10 years and I have never been down China Pump area. About 2 weeks ago, I drive down around the ridge and down China Pump Road; I fell in love with the area. To have a place by the river would be a dream come true. The only housing that is in my price range is dry cabins. I’m not a dry cabin girl. It is not the cabin it is the dry part. I think that it would be nice to live in a cabin, but with water. I need water and the thought of using an outhouse at –40 with no man to warm up my ass when I’m come in from the cold, is not appealing.

I have found a place, it is a basement apartment, but everything is included, water, heat, garbage, and there is a free washer/dry, all for 400 a month. Witch all in all is a very good deal for Fairbanks. I have to wait tell the end of September to move in. But it off Hoe row, if you don’t know Fairbanks that south Cushman st. There is even a hooker that walks S Cushman St. she is called gimping Gilda, because one leg is in a brace. I didn’t name her; she got the name from the guys on bass. I can tell it is going to be real fun this year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home