Words From a Frozen Mind

Sunday, January 15, 2006

Alaska in others eyes

Globe Tracker a traveling show, I that I watch on PBS, had a show on Alaska. The show only looked at small town or villages, no cities like Fairbanks or A-town. But I did see some miss editing. The host was talking about Homer, and the cost of out fitting yourself from the cold. It was filmed in the summer. The video that went with the narration didn’t match. He was talking about being in Homer, but he entered Big Ray’s in down town Fairbanks. There is no Big Ray’s in Homer.

Maybe because I live here, but the show made Alaska to be this wild untamed world, over run with wild life and trees, but hay, we do have the largest Wal-Mart. Well, that is not really something to brag about.

It’s funny how others see Alaska. To me it is just the same as if I lived in another state. We have all the modern convenience, and not all of us live in a cabin with no water, and we don’t have to go out and shoot our dinner. If I had to that I would be thin.

2 Comments:

Blogger Me said...

I think I saw that episode. is that the one where Ian (i think that's his name)do a shot of Yukon with a human thumb in it? Silly Alaskans!

7:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Are you originally from Alaska or did you move here from elsewhere?

10:29 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home